Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Masking using dies

Oooooh i am on a roll today lol.
Sorry for the poor scan the card looks lined but is actually a linen look.
Been wanting to do this for a while.
I used a cuttlebug squiggle (think thats what its called) flower die and used a post it note to cut it out making sure i was over the sticky bit. Using a vanilla shadow inkpad i moved the diecut round my card dabbing over it with the ink pad. It made a lovely background, very pleased with it and i'm sure i'll use this technique a lot.
The main flower i cut from a poystyrene pizza base i had squashed flat then alcohol inked.
I used a colorbox chalk inkpad in amber to edge the card and matting bits. Finished with a ribbon.
Card looks much better in real life.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks great. I'll have to give this a go.
Julie x