Saturday 6 June 2009

Gesso and sequin waste




I don't like to waste anything so after i had gessoed more text today my sponge/applicator was still full of gesso so i took some pastel coloured card and put sequin waste over it and applied gesso over it, then carefully removed the sequin waste.
For the top atc i used distress ink in broken china for the background, i like the way that the colour is deeper between the dots.
For the main image i took a bit of pearlescent card i had used to get ink of a stamp (brilliance~ pearlescent jade). I keep all these bits of card as i like to use them for stamping. I stamped the image using distress ink in weathered wood.
The bottom atc i made using the resist technique below over the gessoed paper. I used the waethered wood distress ink again. I really like the way the dots of the sequin waste show through.

1 comment:

Liz said...

wow wow wow lovely work gail

liz xx