Monday, 20 July 2009

More stamping experiments





I have been experimenting with my inks on tinfoil, i know that you can use distress inks this way and it works great but i don't yet have all the colours i would like of this range i only have 7 distress inkpads so far so i decided to see if i could use other brands in this way. I chose versamagic chalk inkpads and brilliance as the colours i have complement my distress pads. I applied a variety of ink to the tinfoil and sprayed with water (sometimes too much water oooooooops). Then pressed my stamp into the inks sometimes just once othertimes i moved it about. Got a wide variety of results from the disasterous to the good. When i had finished stamping i added more water then rubbed card over the top to get some interesting backgrounds.
These atcs use up some of these experiments the one with vellum over half the image hides the fact that there was too much water on that part of the stamp and the image smudged but i liked the mix of colours on the rest of image so found a way round it.
Some of these work better than others and one or 2 may end up in the bin. I need more practice using this technique.

5 comments:

adifferentstory said...

I've been meaning to try this technique for ages. Love the results you got. I love the distress inks too.

Cheryl said...

these are brilliant love the use of the distress inks love cheryl xxxxx

Flippinpest said...

Great effect. I especially love the top one! I must try this when I get my crat mojo back lol.

Sian said...

These have turned out great, and I love the way you've used the vellum.

Liz said...

Wonderful Gail told you u were clever didn't I

LIZ X