Friday 10 July 2009

Waterfall card


I'm really pleased with the look of this card.
The waterfall images are from a papermainia pack and were just perfect for this card.
This card is A5 size on white pearlescent paper.
I started by stamping a vintage flower stamp in distress ink (old linen) i then carefully smudged the ink just enough to soften the edges be careful not to distort your image.
I then took my a rose stamp again distress ink this time vintage photo and stamped it all over my card. I then stamped the long bit on the front of the waterfall as before with vintage flower and old linen ink, this time i used a small rose stamp from SeeDs springtime swirls. I also did my background stamping on the pull down bit (oh i am so technical NOT lol) and then stamped the vintage flower in darker colour at botttom. The colouring in just a glitter gel pen in a reddy/pink shade (a cheap set from lidl) and a cotton bud, you just scribble on some colour and carefully blend and spread it with the cotton bud staying within the lines. I also scribbled on the waterfall images on the roses to give them some sparkle.
I then added my waterfall and some fibres to finish.
My first shabby chic card.

3 comments:

Paula said...

lots of lovely work on here Gail
will have to talk you through putting them in the group - why not try to catch us in chat at the crafty salon xx

Dee said...

Lovely card Gail. luv Dee x

Liz said...

oh lovely gail

liz